From improving skin tone to weight loss the benefits of this amazing liquid are endless, yet so most people, myself included, simply do not drink enough of it. Instead we drink sugary substitutes that have zero benefit and make us fat, bloated and tired. I wanted to highlight some of the awesome health benefits of water.
- Keeps us looking young: hydration is crucial for keeping your skin plump, filling fine lines and wrinkles and giving you a healthy glow.
- Improves immune function: they don’t say to drink lots of fluids when you’re sick for nothing.
- Helps you expel toxins: staying hydrated will help you expel toxins through proper kidney function. By mid-morning you should have clear pee. If not go chug down a glass stat.
- Increasing fat loss: countless studies have found that water greatly increases weight loss by flushing out the by-products of fat breakdown and effectively suppresses appetite. Drink a large glass before a meal, you’ll feel fuller fast and you’ll be hydrating!
- Energizes muscles: ever had one of those days where you get to the gym and have ZERO energy? It’s probably because you aren’t properly hydrated! Be sure to drink up before you hit the gym.
And last but not least. My personal favorite
- Proper bowel function: water helps to keep things moving in your gastrointestinal tract. More poops = more weight loss.
I found a calculator on bodybuilding.com that tells you exactly how many oz’s of H2O you should consume daily based on your weight. I would suggest even more than what this recommends.
Now you know how great it is for you so go out there and chug it like a frat boy at the Beer Olympics!