What guy or girl doesn’t love a nice round back side? There’s all kinds of fancy machines and exercises that tone your tush but time and again I see real body building articles preach the wonders of the fundamental squat. Squats will tone, tighten and lift those buns in no time! However proper form is crucial to prevent injury and to get the most out of your squats.
- Stand with your feet just over shoulder width apart, toes pointed out toward 11:00 and 1:00.
- Keep your back in a neutral position, shoulders back, look up and keep your knees centered over your feet
- Slowly bend your knees, hips and ankles, lowering until you reach a 90-degree angle
- Return to starting position pushing up through your heels not your toes– repeat 15-20 times with lighter weight or 8-10 times with heavier weight, for 2-3 sets or until failure (until you can no longer perform another rep)
- Breathe in as you lower, breathe out as you return to starting position
Be sure that your knees do not go past your toes or you will risk injuring your knees and back. Take it slow on both the downward and upward motion. This will give you a better bang for your buck and really get you working those glutes.
Here is a video link from bodybuilding.com for a better visual of a proper squat.